1. See your GP for a referral letter. Please note your insurance company may refuse to cover treatment unless you have a referral letter from your GP.
2. Call your insurance company to see if you are covered for a consultation. Your insurance company will issue you an authorization/case number.
3. Call 0114 321 6522 to arrange an appointment. You will need to provide your full name, date of birth, contact details, GP’s name, your insurance company, your membership/policy number and an authorization/case number.
4. When you attend your appointment, it is important that Mr. Olarinde has your referral letter. You can arrange to collect this yourself from your GP or save yourself the extra trip to your GP’s practice by asking your GP to send it directly to Mr. Olarinde at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 0114 321 6128. It is also important that you have all your insurance details with you including your membership/policy number and an authorization/case number relevant to the appointment.
1. See your GP for a referral letter although Mr. Olarinde is still happy to see you without a referral letter from your GP.
2. Call 0114 321 6522 to arrange an appointment. You will need to provide your full name, date of birth, contact details and GP’s name.
3. When you attend your appointment, it is important that Mr. Olarinde has your referral letter if there is one.
4. You can arrange to collect this yourself from your GP or save yourself the extra trip to your GP’s practice by asking your GP to send it directly to Mr. Olarinde at email@example.com or faxed to 0114 321 6128.
5. An invoice will be sent out to you after your appointment content.
1. Contact your insurance company to see if you are covered for a consultation. If you are your insurance company will issue you with an authorisation/case number.
2. Call 0114 321 6522 (+44 114 321 6522 for callers outside the UK) to arrange an appointment. You will need to provide your full name, date of birth, contact details, GP’s name, your insurance company, your membership/policy number and an authorization/case number.
3. When you attend your appointment, it is important that you bring with you any relevant test results including hearing test results, scans and x-rays for Mr. Olarinde to review. It is also important that you have all your insurance details with you including your membership/policy number and an authorization/case number relevant to the appointment. It is also helpful to bring a letter from any doctor(s) who have seen you about the same condition.
1. Call 0114 321 6522 (+44 114 321 6522 for callers outside the UK) to arrange an appointment. You will need to provide your full name, date of birth and contact details.
2. When you attend your appointment, it is important that you bring with you any relevant test results including hearing test results, scans and x-rays for Mr. Olarinde to review. It is also helpful to bring a letter from any doctor(s) who have seen you about the same condition.
3. Please settle Mr. Olarinde’s account after your consultation.
4. A receipt will be posted or emailed out to you.
You will attend the appropriate hospital (please check which hospital it is !!!) and book in (i.e. get registered) at the outpatients reception (for Claremont Hospital or Consulting Suites (for Thornbury Hospital). Registration involves filling out a registration form. This is usually after you have been checked not to be at risk of having the Covid-19 infection. It is therefore advised that you try to arrive at the hospital at least about 10 minutes before your appointment. You will be asked to sit in the waiting area where Mr Olarinde will come to collect you. He will introduce himself and take you to his consulting room to carefully go through your symptoms and examine you. If you need a procedure or hearing test and it can be done on the same day, this follows straight on after being examined. Otherwise you may have to return for the procedure or hearing test. Before you leave, Mr Olarinde will summarise with you what the consultation has achieved and the next action points. If time permits he may dictate a letter to your GP in your presence. If a follow up appointment is required, you will usually book that yourself at the reception desk
A list of your medication, a referral letter (if you have one) and your insurance details i.e. health insurance membership number and pre-authorisation number. If your GP has written a referral letter, you can ask them to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org rather than you having to collect it – let’s save the earth !!!
As much as possible we encourage you to book your follow appointment yourself so you can choose a date and time that suits you. You can do this at the hospital while you are there for the initial appointment. Alternatively you can call Mr Olarinde’s practice Manager to book your follow up but doing it at the hospital is better as they can see the live diary.
If you need an operation, Mr Olarinde will explain why he has advised surgery, the options to surgery, what you should expect and the risks of surgery. You will be asked to sign a consent form if you decide to go ahead with the operation and a date is arranged. You will have a preoperative assessment by a nurse to check that you will be fit for the operation. The anaesthetist will need to discuss the anaesthetic with you particularly if you will be having a general anaesthetic although this is usually on the day of surgery. If you are insured, you simply need to let your insurer know you are having surgery. They will ask for a code which Mr Olarinde or his practice Manager would have given to you.
In short, YES.
Yes. You can choose which of these you prefer. Occasionally Mr Olarinde may ask to change the telephone consultation to a video consultation if he feels it would help for him to see something you are describing. If you do not feel comfortable with a video consultation, please let him know in which case a face to face consultation will be arranged. Many consultations are a telephone or video to start with except it is very clear that Mr Olarinde needs to examine a part of your body. This is simply in line with regulations in view of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Yes, it is free and parking is available at all sites where Mr Olarinde sees patients.
Usually within two weeks from when you request to be seen. Urgent referrals will be seen the same week you get in touch to be seen.
No you don’t. A referral from your GP is usually preferred because it usually has a concise past medical history and a history of previous assessments and investigations which you may not have details of. We however acknowledge that for a host of reasons you may not have a referral letter in which case Mr Olarinde will still see you.
We understand that our daily schedules do not necessarily go according to what we have planned. If you cannot make your appointment, please let Mr Olarinde’s practice secretary know by email – email@example.com or by calling 0114 321 6522. We ask that you cancel before 48 hours of the appointment to avoid £100 charge. Concessions can of course be made if we know the circumstance.
Yes, you will see Mr Olarinde every time you attend for an appointment.
Typically 20-30 minutes. Occasionally longer. Most importantly it is not rushed. 30 minutes is the allocated time.
All the major UK and international providers – Westfield Health, Bupa, Aviva, Axa-PPP, WPA, Exeter Friendly, Cigna, Simply Health, Saga, Vitality, The Exeter, PruHealth, Alliance Worldwide Care, April, CS Healthcare, Health On Line. If your health insurance is not listed, please contact Mr Olarinde’s Practice Manager
BMI Thornbury Clinic, 312 Fulwood Rd, Sheffield, S10 3BR and Claremont Hospital 401 Sandygate Rd, Sheffield, S10 5UB.
The cost of an initial consultation with Mr Olarinde (remote and face to face) is £200, and subsequent follow ups are £150. Please be aware that these are the costs of the consultations only, and should Mr Olarinde need to carry out any procedures or request any tests/ investigations, these will be charged additionally. You can follow this link to check Mr Olarinde’s fees: https://www.entsheffield.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/fees.pdf. The hospital will also bill a facility fee for any procedures you have done in clinic and will invoice you for any procedures/tests that you have done at their hospitals.
Mr Olarinde practices privately on a Monday mornings (7.00am - 8.30am – telephone/video consultations only), Monday afternoons, Thursday evenings, Friday mornings and Friday evenings. We will always do our best to fit you in as soon as possible and will try and accommodate any urgent referrals the very same week. As a general rule of thumb, you can expect to have your initial consultation within two weeks of your enquiry, depending on your own availability.
Mr Olarinde is a Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat/ Head & Neck Surgeon. He can see paediatric and adult patients who present with a whole host of ENT/ Head & Neck issues and works closely with colleagues in Audiology, Endocrinology, Speech and Language Therapy and Nutrition to name a few. If you want to check whether you should be seeing Mr Olarinde to discuss your symptoms, you can take a look here: https://www.entsheffield.co.uk/.
All surgical procedures vary in price and we will only be able to provide an accurate quotation after you have been assessed by Mr Olarinde. When submitting an initial enquiry or upon receipt of a referral letter from your GP, it may be possible to provide an estimated cost based on the surgery we will expect you to have, but you should always keep an open mind that this could change following on from your consultation with Mr Olarinde. Usually with any surgical procedures, you will be charged a fee from Mr Olarinde, a fee from the hospital, and a fee from the anaesthetist. Mr Olarinde does offer all-inclusive package prices at both the BMI Thornbury and Claremont Hospital and we will organise for them (i.e. the hospital) to send you a quote at time of booking in your procedure.